Updated Bench Power Supply Schematic
You may have noticed that my previous post shows strange labels for the rotary switch. This is because i’ve changed the function of the rotary switch.
The ammeter causes a small voltage drop and so when the ammeter is being used as ground, the effective supply voltage is different to when the actual ground is being used. As such i’ve made the switch have the following options for the voltage measurement:
- Variable voltage to Ground (VG)
- Variable voltage to Ammeter (VA)
- External probe to Ground (EG)
- External probe to Ammeter (EA)
As such the previous schematic for the power supply needs updating. Below is the updated schematic:
I think this is a slightly more useful design as it allows me to compensate for the voltage drop across the ammeter. The only function i lose is the ability to measure the fixed outputs. But considering the external probe should be able to do this, i don’t really mind.